The snow returned today but only until the heavy rains descend upon us causing flooding I am sure. Sharon phoned me yesterday to give us the sad news that her mum had passed away at 5:27 p.m on Christmas day afternoon. We all know that it is a blessing since she was really suffering and the quality of her life had deteriorated so rapidly. Alzheimer's is a very encroaching disease and truly you feel that the person you know slowly slips away in front of your eyes. Sharon is such an incredibly strong person even in her grief she was already thinking ahead.
Chrissy had to work today so we dropped her off because the snow is back and her car is still buried deep. My glasses were ready so we had no choice but to head to the insanity of the mall to pick them up.
WOW...can I ever see clearly. It did not take me much time to adjust to the progressive lenses and since I do so much reading it was wonderful to be able to read so well. It did cost a fortune. I am back to the eye specialist in February for more testing on my early signs of glaucoma due to abnormally high ocular pressure....however, its a good thing that the optometrist caught on early enough for maybe something to be done about it.
We had T & T boxed lunch this afternoon which was a nice change from the turkey and the other seasonal type of food. Caiti has to go home to Kelowna tomorrow as her work schedule beckons. A few more days off for me but just not motivated to get much done. My thoughts with Sharon at the moment...and hopefully something I can do for her...although I have not seen her or spoken to her in such a long time as she spent every possible moment the past few months with her mum in the hospital. Dinner...hmmm...what shall we have tonight?
No comments:
Post a Comment