On Friday, Darcy and I attended Becky's Celebration of Life at the Burquitlam chapel. It was standing room and as part of the overflow we had to go around to the side of the chapel. It was good because we could view the pulpit clearly and listen well to the tributes. It was a perfect service with the songs that truly captured Becky's spirit...her kindness, her zest for life and her talents. Joan's husband spoke and then there was an open mike for people to express their feelings. Tom and Heather both came up and there were both eloquent and true to who Becky was. Tom's was hilarious and Heather's was emotional and sweet. They had a reception over at John and Becky's lovely home on the alderside waterfront but I could not go as I was slated back to work at Dogwood for the Valentine's Dinner Dance (food was excellent but the young music DJ was a flop...played lousy songs and had NO personality).
It is almost surreal that Becky is gone because I can see her face and hear her voice yet in her mind as she says "Hi sweetie, you doing ok?". She was so wonderful when I told her about what had happened to the girls and when we were going through that crazy rough time with Chrissy and when I was going going that work turmoil a year ago she was so supportive and reassuring that I was better off leaving and working somewhere else...she was absolutely right!!!
The world has lost one elegant, gracious, talented and true soul...we will miss her so much. She has given the legacy of the Craft Fair to Sam and Steph...and I know that this first one without her will be done in her memory and it will be a great one so that she can from up above know that things are going well.
No comments:
Post a Comment